LipSense is Amazing ~ A real WOW Product!
In this photo, I have just finished eating an apple wearing LipSense
"I really love that I can wear a great colour and not worry about eating it off. My lips feel healthy, bright and strong."
Here are a few key components:
- Denatured Alcohol: used as a delivery system for the colour technology; creates a germ and bacteria-free environment.
- Paeonia Suffruticosa Root (Tree Peony) Extract: a natural calming plum flower herb.
- Hypericum Perforatum (St. John’s Wort) Extract: also known as St John’s Wort, a natural herb used to elavate mood and treat depressions.
- Tilia Cordata (Linden) Flower Extract: a natural flower extract rich in flavonoids and a powerful anti-oxidant.
- Isodonis Japonicus Extract: Fragrant plant extract that contains terpenes, shown to have medicinal properties to soothe skin.
- Mica: an earth mineral used to give products sparkle and shine.
- Titanium Dioxide: an inert earth mineral used as a thickening ingredient and sunscreen in cosmetics. It protects skin from UVA and UVB radiation and is considered to have no risk of skin irritation.
Just as important as what is in LipSense, is what is not! LipSense is formulated with no wax, lead, or animal by-products.
Description from SeneGence:
LipSense is the premier product of SeneGence and is unlike any conventional lipstick, stain or color. As the original long-lasting lip color, it is waterproof, does not kiss-off, smear-off, rub-off or budge-off! Create your own colour palette by combining shades. Your customized look will last even longer and your lips will stay moist and plump with LipSense Moisturizing Gloss.
The premier product for SeneGence is patented LipSense Liquid Lip Colour. LipSense is an amazing departure from conventional lipsticks and lip colours found on the market today.
- LipSense comes in a wide variety of shades and textures; Frosts, Mattes, and Shimmers.
- LipSense lip colors are perfect to mix and match;
- LipSense is versatile in that you can use LipSense shades to create a number of effects.
The Science Behind the Product
This unique product is waterproof and does not kiss off, smear off, rub off, or budge off! And, just as important it does not dry out your lips. In fact, it restores the moisture content of your lips when used properly.
- LipSense Liquid Lip Colour can last anywhere between 4 and 18 hours.
- LipSense is a non-wax liquid lip colour that stays on your skin.
- LipSense provides a natural shield from the sun. The proprietary formulations and colour pigments in LipSense help create a mechanical covering for the lips. That means the skin on your lips are protected from the sun’s rays by the color pigments, therefore your lips are more protected from harmful rays. That is just one of the reasons your lips become so smooth and soft with consistent use of LipSense.
- The patented formulation technology includes Cosmetic grade Denatured Alcohol, which is nothing close to Isopropyl Alcohol–or rubbing alcohol. In fact, you need Denatured Alcohol to apply LipSense to lips. While rubbing alcohol instantly removes LipSense from the skin. We do not recommend the use of rubbing alcohol on the skin because it dries out the skin. LipSense is formulated with Denatured Alcohol because: It is thinner than water and suspends the tiny particles within the formula. It immediately evaporates from the skin upon the delivery of the technology to the skin. (The “tingling” sensation felt on the lips, when some wearers first begin to use the color, is the evaporation process of the Denatured Alcohol felt within the dry cracks of the lips. This sensation disappears as lower layers of skin’s moisture content are restored by the use of the moisturizing gloss.)
The particles that help the color pigments to molecularly bind to the skin (see Ingredient listing). Over time, the particles begin to detach from the skin’s surface. The rate at which this occurs varies tremendously and is based upon the pH-balance of each person’s skin and the color they’ve chosen to wear for the day.
Each tube of colour has a varied formulation and mixture of colour pigments to arrive at a specific color. Some colours naturally last longer than others because of the different body chemistry of each wearer, plus some colors are thicker or richer in color pigmentations, while others are sheer and thinner.
LipSense Lip Colours formulated with Micas do not tend to wear as long as the solid matte shades of LipSense. Micas create shine and shimmer. They reflect light and are made of particles that are larger than color pigments. Micas and may flick off the skin with regular skin movements. Talking and scraping lip movements like drinking from a cup can facilitate this process. You can assume up to an hour of less wear when wearing a Mica color.
It is important to know the long-lasting properties of LipSense are enhanced by any of the LipSense moisturizing glosses. The gloss products also help to keep the lips moist and plump.
Layering LipSense is a must due to the fact the colour breaks down with the pH balance of the skin.
1st layer: touches the skin’s pH and will begin to break down first and fastest.
2nd layer: protected from the bottom, away from the skin’s pH, by the first layer.
3rd layer: protects the second layer from the top down and prevents sheering of second layer of colour by keeping away friction, saliva, and the natural environment.
The third layer breaks down just like the first layer, but from the top down. The second layer is sandwiched between the first and third and is protected by both for the longest period of use.